samedi 19 juin 2010

Varna and the travellers - 15th to 18th June 2010

I stayed in Varna for 3 days and my trip changed again because, as the couch-surfer who was supposed to host me was not really available, I went to Yo-Ho Hostel, a great place, full of travellers, bag-packers and nice people.


So, I spent time drinking beers on the beach with Eddie, the Israelian guy who enjoys Balkans music, Andrew, the Canadian who travels all around Europe and went to same university and program than me in Montreal (!), Stefany, the american girl from Peacecorps and Sandra, a french girl from Toulouse. We went to a very loud "Chalga" music club along the beach...with men and women dressed as if they were in a fashion show...But that was funny, because we could dance in the sea from this club !


Then, I met Romain and Celine, two french friends, who travel by bike from France to South-Asia and India ! I was very happy to meet them and share feelings, experiences and material advices. We went together to Balchik, a nice village on the coast of the Black Sea.


I also met Elena, who organizes parties called "Save the vinyls" in Varna, and explained me many things about Bulgaria. And also Oliver and Miro, 2 serbian guys : we had a philosophical discussion about the most boring pictures in the world (Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty, Pise Tower...) :-).
Bulgaria is on the way of many travellers, especially because it's the entrance and exit with Turkey (and the rest of the world :-). I haven't used my bike for 3 days ! I spent a nice and relaxing time in Varna, even if the city is really touristic.

Aucun commentaire: