lundi 7 juin 2010

Bechet-Turnu Magurele - 5th June 2010

Still in Romania !
I finally met, in a bakery, one romanian guy who spoke english and explained me that this area of the country is one of the poorest and that all the youngsters run away from here (and from Romania actually) because the wages are so low (he is a dentist and earns 400 euros per month, as an example).

I crossed Corabia, a former industrial city with huges abandonnned factories, which looks like as ghost city, now...and I reach Turnu Magurele in the afternoon, a quite pleasant city with green parks and a nice cathedral.
In this part of Romania, there are a lot of sedentary Romani (also called Gypsies in english).
Tomorrow, I will cross the border between Romania and Bulgaria...I'll see !

NB :
Romanian women and men do not sit at the same tables in Cafe, bar or restaurant (when there are women, which is not so common)

Aucun commentaire: