mercredi 23 juin 2010

Conclusions of the trip - 23rd June 2010

My bike, wrapped in the airport of Bucharest, after 1515 kms :


I am right now in Normandy, in my sweet bedroom, and here are a few conclusions of my trip :

1/ I am really glad, proud and happy of this experience I was dreaming about for a long time. Thank you to all the people I met during this trip !
2/ I really enjoy travelling by bicycle : I like the rythm (tempo) of a bike trip, being outside and feeling the wind, meeting people with no need of opening a window.
3/ Travelling alone is so less funny, even if you may sometimes meet people easier (or be more 100% with a person, maybe). Furthermore, it's more stressfull when you have to face with problems or bad people.
4/ I have really tested and discovered Couch-Surfing (and Warmshowers) during this trip and that's absolutly great to meet people and know more about countries, habits...That's also nice, sometimes, to sleep in Hostels in order to meet other travellers.
5/ I really didn't understand people who always warned me about dangers whereas I was exactly in the position of taking these risks (and I knew it, of course). That's not very kind !
6/ My "dogs counter" was completly useless because 6 dogs ran after me, but only during my first day in Romania : after that, I met only tired or nice dogs :-).
7/ My bike is great but if I wanna make a long trip (few months/year...), I'll have to buy a stronger one. But I really like my Giant Ligero RS3 !

I'll travel again by bike at some point, most probably far further, maybe longer, with 1 or 2 people...I'll see :-) !

1 commentaire:

Marina Vandel a dit…

CONGRATS Céline of course! CONGRATS!